Most men with low testosterone report that there is an improved sex drive, energy level, and mood after attending trt therapy near me. If there is low testosterone, why shouldn’t you go for a replacement?
A low testosterone level on its own doesn’t require treatment. The testosterone replacement therapy might have side effects, and the long-term benefits and risks are not well known. Only men that have symptoms of low testosterone and the blood levels which confirm this as the cause of the symptoms need to consider the replacement of testosterone. Talking to your doctor is one of the best ways of knowing if your testosterone level is right for you or not.
The symptoms of low testosterone
The low testosterone symptoms are at times quite obvious, but they also can be quite subtle. The levels of testosterone naturally decline in men as they age with decades. But particular conditions can as well lead to a low abnormal level. The symptoms of low testosterone include:
- Low sense of well-being
- Difficult in concentrating
- Facial and body hair loss
- Muscle mass decrease
- Poor level of energy and fatigue
- Erectile dysfunction
- Low libido/sex drive
In case you happen to have the above symptoms as a man, and the tests you carry out tend to show that you have an abnormally low level of testosterone, a doctor might suggest treatment. For several men who happen to have low testosterone levels but no treatment, no symptom is currently recommended. It has also not been approved to treat men with low levels because of aging.
Form of supplements for testosterone
The TRT is available in various forms. All can be able to improve the levels of testosterone:
- Transdermal (skin patch): The endoderm refers to a skin patch that is worn on the upper body or arm, applied daily once
- Gels: Testim and Androgel come packedin clear packets of the testosterone gel. The the absorption of the testosterone directly via the skin while applying the gel once daily. The Axiron, Androgel, and for tests also come in a pump that delivers the testosterone amount that is prescribed by your physician. There are some like the latest which is applied inside the nose.
- Mouth patch: It is a strain which is a table that sticks on the upper gums which are above the incisors, the tooth just to the left or right of the two front teeth. Apply it twice daily, it releases continuously testosterone in the blood via the oral tissue.
- Implants and injections: The testosterone can as well be injected directly into the muscle, or implanted as pellets in the soft tissues. Your body then slowly absorbs the testosterone in the bloodstream.
While oral testosterone is readily available. But some experts believe oral testosterone can have effects that are negative on the liver. To use other methods like gels, skin patches, injections, or orally disintegrating tablets, bypassing the liver and getting testosterone in the blood directly.